December….. Yes, I said it, DECEMBER! I can’t believe it either! I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving, filled with precious family time and of course lots of delicious foods!
I have had a wonderful break, and can’t wait to see those 22 sweet smiling faces on Monday morning. I have just a few announcements for next week:
- Friday, December 6th: We will go on our field trip to see The Nutcracker play! This permission slip was sent home at the very beginning of the year, the Performing Arts form. (everyone has returned it 😉 )
- We are asking that all students dress in nice clothes for this field trip. Since we are going to a play, please have your student wear their “Sunday Best” to look nice for this field trip. I can’t wait to see them all dressed up!
- We will be gone from school from 9-12, eating lunch when we return.
- Please send in a good, filling snack since we will be eating lunch so much later than we are used to eating.
- If you signed your student up for a lunch from home, that lunch does NOT have to be disposable. Their regular lunchbox is fine. 🙂
- Our extra snack bin is running very low! These are snacks for those kids that forget their snack at home, or accidentally grab something they don’t care for and would like to trade. If you have some individual snacks laying around the house, we would definitely appreciate them!
- Speaking of snacks, those students that go to FACT clubs after school get super hungry before heading out to their club (which is the main reason our extra snack bin is empty!). If your student attends a FACT cub after school, please send them to school with an extra snack for the afternoon! 🙂
Reader’s Workshop: We are enjoying reading nonfiction, and next week we will learn to, “Talk the Talk”, recognizing the lingo the author uses, and learning the vocabulary of the professionals.
Writer’s Workshop: We will be finishing up our nonfiction books, adding in supporting details to our main ideas, as well as nonfiction text features. We will also learn about reflexive pronouns.
Math: We will review the addition and subtraction strategies, and learn to measure objects to the nearest 1/2 inch.
OG: Rule: add -s, -es, and -ing to the end of a word. TRICK WORDS: been, slow, winter, summer
Have a wonderful week!!