October 2 – 6
WELCOME BACK! I hope that you all had a FUN and ENJOYABLE fall break!
- Quarter 1 end THIS Friday. Please check your grades and turn in any missing work.
- You should have received a form today from your conferencing teacher. Please get it signed and return it to your conferencing teacher as soon as possible.
- MONDAY: STUDY for tomorrow’s TEST. You should review content vocabulary and the three literature stories that we have read in class. Here is the study guide: Quarter 1 Study Guide-upqshq Here is the link for QUIZLET to review the terms and definitions: https://quizlet.com/_3m4wvm
- TUESDAY: Work on personal narrative
- WEDNESDAY: STUDY for tomorrow’s TEST. Review your study guide from Tuesday’s test and be ready to apply your knowledge. **Other concepts that you should review include hyperboles, metaphors, plural nouns, prepositional phrases (including object of the preposition), character traits, incident/response/reflection, and connotation. Hope this helps!
- THURSDAY: Work on personal narrative
- FRIDAY: Work on personal narrative. Your FINAL narrative is due on MONDAY!
- MONDAY: Work on Hero’s Journey Narrative. Make sure to have a completed draft by tomorrow, so that we can start the proofreading phase. Here are some resources that you may find useful:
- TUESDAY: Work on Hero’s Journey Narrative. Due at the end of class on Thursday!
- WEDNESDAY: Work on Hero’s Journey Narrative. Due at the end of class on Thursday!
- THURSDAY: STUDY for tomorrow’s test. Make sure to review your study guide.
- FRIDAY: No homework