This week in Language Arts:
- pre-writing for Embedded Assessment 1
- apply an understanding of narrative elements, including characterization and an effective sequence of events, by drafting a narrative.
- apply the writing process while drafting a personal narrative
- use a variety of transition words, phrases, and clauses to create coherence in a narrative.
- Writing an interesting beginning and ending:
- AQQS Strategy for writing an interesting beginning:
- Statement of intrigue
- Using effective transitions
Homework this week:
Your “Paragraph of the Week”, a narrative writing prompt, is due Friday.
Please make sure you are working on this each night, and following the writing process as you work.