- Friday was filled with tricks and treats from a leprechaun. We had to call Mr. Barry to see if he could catch him! He tried and had a hold of him, but his coat ripped and he got away. Barry showed us the hole he escaped out of.
- The students are doing a great job with Education Galaxy. They are moving up the ranks and we have a graduation celebration several times a week. Three students have already gotten their ticket for the bowling party in May by completing 3 stars on each 3rd grade math standard.
- Next week is packed with activities! The first is our field trip on Tuesday. We will leave around 9:15 and return around 1:30. Our weather is very unpredictable and this trip is outdoors. Please send your child with a jacket. They won’t need any money. We will not be going to the gift shop
- On Wednesday we will have a lesson from WellStar “Get Fit”.
- Report cards will come home on Wednesday.
- We will have a Media Lesson on Thursday and a Counseling Lesson on Friday.
- My daughter works for a non-profit that provides homes to those in need in developing countries. Her company New Story Charity unveiled a 3-D printer this week at SXSW in Austin, Texas. This printer will print a house in less than 24 hours for about $4000. This is such a neat way to be innovative to change lives. Here is the video that I showed the kids of it being built. https://newstorycharity.org/ I thought some of you would enjoy seeing it.
- We will not be seeing The Lion King play during school hours this year. It would make a great night of fun for your family if you are able to come out to see it.
Spelling Contractions is, have
Bonus words: although, because, therefore
Math– elapsed time and 2-D shape attributes/Milestone review
Reading– paired passages/Milestone review
Writing – finish narrative Leprechaun story and compare/contrast writing/Milestone review
Below are websites that will help with this week’s academics. Please review these yourself before you let your child work on them. They were appropriate when I posted them, but websites change and you need to make sure they are appropriate for your child. Advertisements on these websites change frequently.
Dates to remember:
March 19: 7:00pm The Lion King
March 21: Report Cards Go Home
March 21: 8:30 – 11:00 Kindergarten Registration
March 21: 7:00pm The Lion King
March 23: 8:00pm The Lion King
March 24: 8:00pm The Lion King
March 30: Celebration of the Arts