Hoorah! We are finished with testing. The students did a terrific job. We were able to finish the week with 3 solid days of learning on our normal schedule. Here are some pictures of our Dream Catchers. Ask your child to explain the legend behind it to you.
- Fall Break is next week! Enjoy with your friends and families and stay safe.
- Our snacks on Monday and Tuesday were well received! Thanks to the families sending them in. I think the students missed them on Wednesday, but not enough to go back to testing. J
- Scholastic books should arrive the week we are back from Fall Break. I will send them home when they come in. Thanks for the orders. Our class library was able to grow by about 6 books from the rewards that were given to us for the orders.
- Science Lab is this week. Thank you Foundation for making this possible.
- On Friday we will have an in school field trip to finish up our Indian unit.
- Friday is the end of the first term. Report cards will be held and given out during Parent/Teacher conference week.
- We will celebrate A/R goals being met on Friday during lunch.
Math– review of all this term’s concepts
Reading– RAP strategy in answering comprehension questions. How character traits effect the story.
Social Studies– American Indians-Northwest and Southwest Regions
Writing – imaginative narratives “There is a Creature in My House”. Final drafts and publishing.
Below are websites that will help with this week’s academics. Please review these yourself before you let your child work on them. They were appropriate when I posted them, but websites change and you need to make sure they are appropriate for your child. Advertisements on these websites change frequently.
Fact Fluency: http://www.multiplication.com/games/play/quick-flash-ii GREAT FOR LEARNING
Social Studies http://www.ducksters.com/history/native_americans.php
I’m going to miss this view! But I will be refreshed and ready for the new term!