- Please have your child bring in a pinecone next week. We are going to make owls!
- Tuesday is a professional learning day for teachers. Students will have the day off.
- We have a media lesson this week.
- Thursday is the half way point in this term.
- I will send home A/R reports on Wednesday.
- Our snack basket for students who forget to bring one is getting low. If you have any extra snacks or if you would buy a bag of pretzles or cheerios and divide it into snack bags we would appreciate it. We have been having lots of students who are forgetting their snack and it’s a long time until 12:21! Thanks!
Spelling Suffixes -er, -or, -ist
Math– continue with area/find unknown sides when given the area
Reading– vocabulary and context clues
Social Studies– Explorers John Cabot
Writing – informational booklets about Owls – final copies
Below are websites that will help with this week’s academics. Please review these yourself before you let your child work on them. They were appropriate when I posted them, but websites change and you need to make sure they are appropriate for your child. Advertisements on these websites change frequently.
Social Studies: http://mrnussbaum.com/explorers/john_cabot/