Week 11 October 22-26, 2018
– Click on the link below and complete the common formative assessment.
– Submit your typed informational writing essay on the Middle East along with your graphic organizer and first draft. Glue these to pages 46-49 of your ELA composition notebook.
– We will begin working on SpringBoard pgs. 127-136. Using SOAPSTone to prewrite argumentative essay.
Week 10 October 15-19, 2018
- Finishing up Middle East Region informational essay.
- First draft due Monday Oct 15,
- Types copy due Tuesday Oct 16.
- Summative assessment exam on Wednesday Oct 17.
- Thursday – we start Unit 2 using Springboard book page 130.
- Everyday we have early release at 1.30 pm because of the STUDENT-LED CONFERENCES ALL WEEK. Please make sure you have scheduled a conference with your student’s homeroom teacher or case manager.
Week 9 October 1-5, 2018
PARENTS: URGENT & IMPORTANT. Please click on the link below and sign up for your student led conference for 20 minutes between 2.30 pm and 3.30 pm. Thank you. Mrs. Osakwe.
Mon – We are working on Clauses. What is a clause?
Tues – The two types of clauses #1 – Main clause/ Independent Clause.
Wed – The two types of clauses #2 – Subordinate/ Dependent Clause.
Thurs – Types of Sentence Structures # 1 & 2- Simple & Compound Sentences
Thurs & Fri – Reading Middle East article and annotating each paragraph.
Fri – pop quiz on linking verbs and conjunctions and writing a three paragraph essay on informational text about the Middle East Region.