Hello Kinder Family!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Here are a few notes and reminders for this week.
VALENTINE EXCHANGE: SHOE BOXES & VALENTINE’S ARE DUE TOMORROW *Please note we now have 23 students in our class. Our new student’s name was added to our class list.
HOMEWORK: Week 2: (February 5 – February 9) is due tomorrow. Homework notebooks will be checked and returned. You can download an additional copy of our homework calendar on the homework page. http://www.cobblearning.net/mrsrdavis/sample-page/
SIX FLAGS READING LOGS: Return your Kinder’s SIX FLAGS READING LOG if you have not already done so.
MEDIA CENTER: We will visit the Media Center on THURSDAY. Please make sure library books are in backpacks ready to be returned. Thanks for your help.
SHOW & TELL: “R BLENDS EDITION”-Students may bring in ONE show and tell item that has the blends that we are studying this week in its name: br, cr, dr, and fr. (example: fr –frog ; dr –dragon; cr –crying doll; br –bracelet)
MYSTERY READERS: We have 2 slots left to fill. If you would like to be a mystery reader in our classroom, please sign-up for a date that works best for you using the following SignUp Genius link. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b44acab28abfe3-calling BIG THANKS to Mrs. Suenaga for putting this together for us.
Our academic goals for this week will be:
*I’ve included helpful videos and links for students who are absent due to illness.
- Reading: Review Story Elements w. Valentine’s Day stories
- Sight Words: *3Q goal is 50 sight words! PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!
- Phonics: REVIEW: r blends (br, cr, dr, fr)
(consonant blends chant)
- Adding/subtracting to 5 and 10 using objects and writing number sentences (check your math workbook for practice pages)
- Words problems using numbers to 10 (check your math workbook for practice pages)
- Counting beyond 100 by 1’s and 10’s
(addition w. manipulatives)
Marble Math- http://www.abcya.com/addition.htm
- President’s Day ; Presidents Past (George Washington /Abraham Lincoln) and Present
- American Symbols: Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument
(Brainpop Jr.) US Symbols, George Washington, and Abraham Lincoln videos -use Cobb Digital Library to access these resources
(PebbleGO Social Studies) Information about President’s Day -use Cobb Digital Library to access this resources
(The 45 Presidents Song)
- Writing to share opinions and giving reasons to support it. We will be asking a lot of “Would you rather” questions and then asking for their reasons to support their choice. Practice at home… Ask “Would you rather BE THE FUNNIEST KID IN SCHOOL or THE SMARTEST?” , “Would you rather BE MADE OF METAL or MADE OF PLASTIC?” Have your Kinder state his/her opinion and give at least 2 reasons to support it. : )
- 2/12- Return Homework Notebooks
- 2/12- Valentine’s Day Shoebox and Cards Due
- 2/14- Valentine Exchange
- 2/15- Media Center -Story & Checkout
- 2/16- $1 Dress Down Day
- 2/19-2/23- February Break. NO SCHOOL
Have a wonderful week Kinder Family! Thank you for all you do.
Black History Month Door Decorating Contest –(one of my favorite events) Teasley teachers and staff were invited to decorate their classroom doors to represent influential African Americans for Black History Month. Our class researched and learned about The Tuskegee Airmen. Here is a photo of our classroom door.
Germs Technology Lesson w. Ms. Crosby –After listening to a story about germ fighting and prevention, our Kinders were given an opportunity to use a computer program to create their very own germ. They gave their germ a name and shared if their germ is a good germ or a bad germ.
Show & Tell: “Sink or Float” Edition –our students made predictions, explained their choice, and tested their “Show & Tell” items to see if they would sink or float. Mrs. L and I were amazed at the science terms they were using! Great job Kinders.