Hello Kinder Parents,
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are having a great start to your week!
- Intent Forms are DUE TOMORROW!!! Please make sure you fill out and return your 2019-2020 intent form with the required Utility Bill if you have not already done so.
- We are going to Smith Gilbert Gardens on Thursday. Kinders are asked to wear their ORANGE class shirts to school on this day.
- Spring conferences are in full swing. I have enjoyed meeting with you and look forward to seeing more Kinder Parents this week and next.
- 4/25 Field Trip to Smith Gilbert Gardens- wear class shirts and bring lunches in disposable bags if your child is not buying from the café.
- 4/26 (FRIDAY) Media Center Visit- Make sure Libary Books and Book Baggies are in backpacks ready to be returned!!!
- 4/26 Show and tell – Animals
Mark Your Calendars:
- 4/26 Last All Pro Dad’s
- 4/26 School tour: 8:15
- 4/29 Teacher appreciation
- 4/30 Wades Spirit night 5pm
- 5/8 Field Day: due to space constraints, parents are only invited to come to Field Day if they are volunteering. A sign up genius will be sent out by Coach Homansky.
- 5/14 Kindergarten Awards Day- 9:10-9:40
This week we are learning:
IB Unit- Sharing Our Planet: Animal and their habitats
- Phonics: study of suffixes : review -s,-es, -ed,-ing;
- Sight words: would, water, way (list D)if your child already recognizes these sight words ask them to practice writing them in sentences using their phonetic spelling, for ex: We r (are) on the bot (boat).
(Students should be able to read 75 words by the end of this quarter, moving towards 100)
- Earth Day: EQ: How can we keep our Earth clean and happy?
- Eric Carle Book Study; responding to literature and comparing texts
- Review 2D and 3 D shape: distinguish flat and solid, compare 2D and # D shapes using sides, vertexes, similarities, compose an animal out of 2D shapes
- Addition and subtraction within 10, practicing subtraction word problems and subtraction fluency
Have a wonderful week!