Hello Tiger-ific Kinder Families!
It was great to see all of you at Orientation and to meet soo many SUPER sweet Kinders. Mrs. L and I can already tell it is going to be a fantastic year!
Here are a few “FIRST DAY REMINDERS” along with links to the pages where you can find digital copies of the documents you received on Monday.
-First Day REMINDERS:
- Our day begins promptly at 7:50 am.
- Students should arrive no earlier than 7:20 am.
- Dismissal will begin at 2:10 pm. Car riders will be dismissed from the front of the building in the car pool line.
- Transportation changes MUST be in writing
- Students must wear Standard School Attire each day and closed toed shoes. Teasley spirit wear can be worn with standard attire bottoms on Fridays.
- A yellow tag will be placed on your Kinders backpack (along with a dismissal tag).
- The yellow tag will be attached to your Kinder’s book bag and must be visible at all times in order to help the transportation staff clearly identify our youngest students.
- PLEASE DO NOT WRITE PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THIS YELLOW TAG.
Label Personal Belongings
- water bottles, snacks, lunch boxes, backpacks, headphones, sweaters, jackets, mittens, hats, scarves…etc.
- Students may bring water bottles with easy open and “leak proof” lids to school. (see examples/suggestions below)
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not place water bottles inside your Kinder’s backpack. We do not want to ruin Library books and other important documents.
- Send a healthy snack each day.
- Label snacks with your Kinder’s first and last name
- Please make sure your Kinder’s snack is easily assessible by separating it from their lunch. (see suggestion below)
- Each Kinder will recieve a purple folder on the first day of school. The purple folder will be placed in your Kinders backpack and will be our means of communicating back and forth.
- Please make be sure to check your Kinder’s folder when they come home from school and return it to school the next day.
- Items placed on the RETURN TO SCHOOL side of the folder will need to be filled out or signed and returned back to school the next day or by the designated date.
- Items placed in the KEEP AT HOME side of the folder should be removed.
- **Remember ALL NOTES, PAYMENT ENVELOPES, CHANGES of TRANSPORTATION, etc…should be placed in this folder.
- You may bring supplies with you when you come in the morning. You can also send them in your Kinder’s backpack little by little if they are too heavy to carry.
- Students will need (one) Composition Notebook in addition to the (two) primary writing journals. Primary journals have a space at the top of each page for illustrations. -see photo below for reference Please let me know if you have trouble finding them.
- Our Kindergarten supply list can be found on the Parent Resources page above. It is also linked below.
Our Schedule Page= (daily schedule including lunch time and specials schedule)
Parent Resources Page= (welcome letter, standard attire, supply list, year at a glance calendar,…etc)
Lastly, your Kinder will be exhausted after a long day at school. Please make sure they get a good night’s rest before their big day. If time permits, share this sweet story with your Kinder before bed: The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing. It is one of my absolute favorites! : )
Have a wonderful evening Kinder Family! I am excited to share this AMAZING journey with you. We will see you in the morning! ((BIG HUGS))
-Mrs. Davis email@example.com