Hello Kinder Parents!
I hope you are having a great start to your week. Don’t forget, Wednesday 8/28 is an EARLY RELEASE day!
Here are a few class notes a reminders.
Wishlist Items: We are in need of a few items for our classroom. Please consider donating if you can.
- Lysol Disinfectant Spray
*Thank you all so very much for your generous donations! I truly appreciate all of your contributions to our classroom.
MY FUTURE CAREER DRESS DOWN DAY: FRIDAY, 8/30 Kindergarten students may dress down as a career of their choice. We will ask the students to share…What is the career they are dressed as? How will this career help the community? What tools might they use in the profession? Why would you want this career when you grow up? (Examples: Fire Fighter, Nurse, Doctor, Lawyer, Teacher, Mechanic, Police Officer, Professional Athlete, …,etc.)
Please be sure to send your child to school in school approved dress: shoulders covered, appropriate length shorts/pants, and no see-through material. Students must also wear closed-toe shoes.
MEDIA CENTER: We will visit the Media Center on THURSDAY 8/29. Please make sure library books are in backpacks ready to be returned. Thanks for your help.
MYSTERY READERS: Signup Genius COMING SOON! -We are looking forward to having you share your Kinder’s favorite stories with our class. : )
IB Unit- Who We Are: Labor Day & Community Workers
- Informational books about Labor Day and Community helpers. We will see how illustrations can help us understand text.
- Phonics: letter/sound recognition, handwriting Nn, Kk, Ee, Vv, Ww
- Sight words: like, to, the
- Learning how to write: draw, label, touch and retell. We will be learning about how authors write about what they know, and what they are interested in. Students will brainstorm about things that they are interested in and want to write about.
- Number sense numbers 0-10
- Count to 100 (fluently)
- Number Talks (subitizing to 5 with dot cards)
Wednesday, 8/28: Early Release– Wednesday is our first EARLY RELEASE day of the year. We will begin dismissal at 12:20pm and the first load buses should roll at 12:30pm. ASP will be available until 6pm.
Thursday, 8/29: Media Center Visit -Please make sure library books are in backpacks ready to be returned.
Thursday, 8/29: IB Information and PTA meeting @ 6:15pm
Friday, 8/30: My Future Career Dress Down Day for Kindergarten
Please let me know if you have questions. Have a WONDERFUL week everyone!