Hello Kinder Parents!
I hope you had a relaxing Labor Day holiday and are ready for a fantastic week!
Here are a few class notes a reminders.
Wishlist Items: We are in need of a few items for our classroom. Please consider donating if you can.
- Lysol Disinfectant Spray
*Thank you all so very much for your generous donations! I truly appreciate all of your contributions to our classroom.
BACK TO FOOTBALL FRIDAY: FRIDAY, 9/6 Students are encouraged to wear their favorite FOOTBALL JERSEY and SHIRTS to school while they participate in various football related activities during their specials time.
To volunteer please sign up at https://signup.com/go/fuaUnqQ. If you have any questions please contact Coach Homansky (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Coach A (email@example.com).
MEDIA CENTER: We will visit the Media Center on WEDNESDAY, 9/4. Please make sure library books are in backpacks ready to be returned. Thanks for your help.
SHOW & TELL: FRIDAY–Students may bring in ONE show and tell item that begins with the following sounds: /j/ as in “jellyfish”, /p/ as in “pirate”, /w/ as in “whistle”, /y/ sound as in “yo-yo”…students should only bring in ONE item to share.
MYSTERY READERS: Signup Genius COMING SOON! -We are looking forward to having you share your Kinder’s favorite stories with our class. : )
IB Unit- Who We Are: Community Workers: Goods and Services; Wants and Needs
- Pizza at Sallys, Whose Hats Are These?, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie: retelling a story, identify character and setting, also learning about goods and services, needs and wants.
- Phonics: letter/sound recognition, handwriting Ww, Jj, Pp
- Sight words: and, at, or
- Learning how to write: draw, label, touch and retell.
- Students will visualize what they want to tell about, then draw and write, we will also practice editing (looking at our work the next day and making changes to tell more)
- Number sense numbers 0-10
- Count to tell what number comes next and before using a 100’s chart
- Count to 100 (fluently)
- Number Talks (subitizing to 5 with dot cards)
Wednesday, 9/4: Media Center Visit -Please make sure library books are in backpacks ready to be returned.
Friday, 9/6: Show & Tell (j, p, w, y)
Friday, 9/6: Back to Football Friday
9/23-9/27: Fall Break =NO SCHOOL=
Please let me know if you have questions. Have a WONDERFUL week everyone.