Hello Kinder Parents!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for another FANTASTIC week!
=Thursday, October 10th is an EARLY RELEASE DAY!=
FALL CONFERENCES: October 14-18th Conference week is also EARLY RELEASE week.
Please use the link to sign up or a day/time that works for you. (We have 16 of our 23 families signed up.) Please let me know if you need assistance.
MARIETTA SQUARE FIELD TRIP: Friday, October 25th – Our first field trip will be to the Marietta square to visit the Community Helpers at the Fire Station and Police Station on 10/25 from around 9:15 to 1.
*Parents may join us but you will need to meet us there. Permission forms will be coming home this week!
PUMPKIN WEEK: October 28-November 1 – Students are asked to bring a pumpkin to school…(any shape OR size). Pumpkins can be sent in anytime before that week.
FALL CRAFT DAY: Thursday, October 31st. 8:30a. -9:45a. Our Room Moms are creating a signup genius for volunteers and items we need for this day. Please be on the lookout for this email. Thank you for helping to make this day a great experience for our Kinders.
MEDIA CENTER: We will visit the Media Center on THURSDAY, 10/10. Please make sure library books are in backpacks ready to be returned. Thanks for your help.
SHOW & TELL: FRIDAY– ANIMAL MOVEMENT * Students may bring a stuffed or plastic animal and share about how it moves.
CALLING ALL MYSTERY READERS: If you would like to be a mystery reader in our classroom, please follow the link and sign-up for a date that works best for you. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0448aea62ea1f49-mystery1 We are excited to have you join us and look forward to seeing you soon!
This week we are learning:
This week is Fire Safety Week! Do you have a Fire Safety Plan for your home?….It is a good time to talk with your Kinder about your fire safety plan.
IB Unit 2- How the World Works: Movement (vehicles, animals)
- Phonics: We are working on blending sounds together to make simple CVC words.
Sight Words: We will continue to work on sight words from list A, and will start sight words on list B. Sight words are important to learn in order to read more fluently and will help in comprehension.
- Informative writing: Students will learn all about informative writing. Key words that will be introduced: Know, first, then, next and finally.
- Shapes: Identifying and sorting shapes by their attributes. Comparing and contrasting 2D (flat) and 3D (Solid) shapes. Creating shapes by using other shapes.
- Numeracy: Recognizing numbers and number words to 10. Investing ways to make any given number (to 10) in a variety of ways. Counting groups if a variety of formats. ( a line, a circle, a square or a scatter array)
- Counting: Continue to count to 100 with no errors.
Wednesday, 10/9: Guidance w. Mrs. Oliver
Thursday, 10/10: EARLY RELEASE DAY!
Thursday, 10/11: Library visit and check out
Friday, 10/11: Show and Tell- Students may bring in a stuffed or plastic animal and share how it move.
Friday, 10/11: International Night 6:16 pm
10/14-10/18: Conference week, 12:30 dismissal
10/28-11/1: PUMPKIN WEEK
10/31: Fall Craft Day *=information coming soon=
As always, please let me know if you have questions. Have a WONDERFUL week everyone!