Class notes and reminders for this week:
- Thank you to all of you who came in for conferences, we can’t do what we do without you all.
- Our first field trip is on Friday. Unfortunately, class shirts will not be delivered in time for our field trip. We are asking students to wear their Teasley spirit wear or PURPLE shirt. They should wear regular uniform bottoms.
- Our final project for this unit on movement will be for each child to create a vehicle that can move. We need your clean cardboard boxes (cereal, cracker, tissue etc), toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, oatmeal/breadcrumb cylinder containers. You can send these in anytime in the next 2 weeks.
*Library books will be returned tomorrow.
- 10/25: Field trip to the Fire Station and Police Station on the Marietta Square.
- 11/1: Tiger Trot pep rally
- 11/8: Tiger Trot
- 11/20: Kindergarten Thanksgiving lunch in the Café: time TBD
- 11/25-11/29: Thanksgiving Break
IB Unit 2- How the World Works: Day and Night
- The central idea for our next unit is that movement causes change. This week we will continue to study the changes we see in the Day and Night sky.
Texts: What Does the Sun See, Pebble GO article, Owl Moon, Stellaluna.
- Phonics: 3 letters can be used to make words: short vowel cvc words (cub, rib, ham, rod).
- Sight words: (we are beginning list B- students should recognize 25 sight words by the end of 2ndquarter)- she, get, of
- Learning how to write: draw, label, touch and retell.
- Writing information about Day and Night
- Number sense: numbers 0-20. Counting groups of objects to 20 in different formations, array, scatter, line, circle.
- Identifying what number come next and before, using a 100 chart.
- Count to 100
Have a wonderful week everyone! -Mrs. Davis