Class notes and reminders for this week:
- Our Fall Craft Day is on Thursday. Thank you to those who have signed up to send items and/ or volunteer.
- Students will NOT be wearing costumes to school on October 31st, please dress in uniform.
- We are working with pumpkins this week, thank you to all of you who have sent in pumpkins. If you have not- please send in by tomorrow.
- Our final project for this unit on movement will be for each child to create a vehicle that can move. We need your clean cardboard boxes (cereal, cracker, tissue etc), toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, oatmeal/breadcrumb cylinder containers. You can send these in anytime in the next 2 weeks.
*Library books will be returned on Friday!
- 11/1: Media Center
- 11/1: Tiger Trot pep rally
- 11/5: Teacher Workday. NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS
- 11/8: Tiger Trot *(wear orange class shirt to school on this day)
- 11/20: Kindergarten Thanksgiving lunch in the Café: time TBD
- 11/25-11/29: Thanksgiving Break
IB Unit 2- How the World Works: Attributes of Force and motion The central idea for our next unit is that movement causes change. This week we will begin to learn motion vocabulary and how different 3 D shapes move differently (slide, roll etc)
- Texts: Spookly the Square Pumpkin, 5 Little Pumpkins, Pebble Go article, The Runaway Pumpkin
- Phonics: vowels, reviewing consonant sounds while blending in CVC words
- Sight words: (List B- students should recognize 25 sight words by the end of 2nd quarter)- look, did, be
- Learning how to write: draw, label, touch and retell.
- Writing information about Pumpkins
- Number sense numbers 0-20. Counting groups of objects to 20 in different formations, array, scatter, line, circle.
- Identifying what number come next and before, using a 100 chart.
- Comparing objects using more than one attribute. Ex: height, weight, length, sink/float (we will be using our individual pumpkins for this.)
- Count to 100
Have a wonderful week everyone! -Mrs. Davis