Hello Kinder Parents!
I hope you are having a great week so far. Here are a few class notes and reminders for this week!
- STEM PROJECT: Our final project for this unit on movement will be for each child to create a vehicle that can move. We need your clean cardboard boxes (cereal, cracker, tissue etc), toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, oatmeal/breadcrumb cylinder containers. Please send items by Thursday, Nov. 7th – thank you for helping us!
- HTHT FIELD TRIP: Permission slips and payment envelopes were sent home in purple folders for our in school field trip about motion- with High Touch High Tech.
- TIGER TROT: Our Kinders will participate in the Tiger Trot this friday during our Specials time. ALL students will need to wear their ORANGE class t-shirt on this day! (Have you registered your Kinder for the Tiger Trot? Just registering your child for the Tiger Trot earns them an emoji plush bag tag.) *see email from Mrs. Bartlett for more information. “LETS GET MOVING!!!”
- MYSTERY READERS: We have enjoyed having you share stories with us. Our Kinders look forward to this time every week! We have THE BEST Mystery Readers!!! T.H.A.N.K Y.O.U!!!!!
- 11/5: No school- teacher work day.
- 11/7: Library Visit -Make sure library books are in backpacks ready to be returned!
- 11/8: All pro dads -7 am Cafe
- 11/8: Tiger Trot : students wear ORANGE class shirts, athletic bottoms, and running shoes. Our class will participate in the Tiger Trot during specials on Friday.
- 11/12: Spirit night- Chick fil A Cumberland Mall food court- Chorus performance
- 11/14- In school field trip- High Touch High Tech
- 11/20: Kindergarten Thanksgiving lunch in the Café: time TBD
- 11/22: Dress Down Day $1
- 11/25-11/29: Thanksgiving Break
IB Unit 2- How the World Works: Attributes of Force and motion
- The central idea for our unit is that movement causes change. We will continue in our Force and Motion study this week. Through our texts we will add to our motion vocabulary. The class will also compare and contrast push and pull movements using a Venn Diagram. Texts: Brain Pop Force and Motion, and Sheep in a Jeep.
- Phonics: reviewing rhyming words, reviewing consonant sounds while blending in cvc words- cvc words are closed syllable and end in a consonant- the vowel is short. Words like be are open syllable and the “e’ is long.
- Sight words: List B- students should recognize 25 sight words by the end of 2nd quarter)- in, so, up
- Learning how to write: draw, label, touch and retell.
- Writing information: “how to” move an object using force and motion (ex. Move a toy car)
- Number sense numbers 0-20. Counting groups of objects to 20 in different formations, array, scatter, line, circle.
- Identifying what number come next and before, using a 100 chart.
- Comparing groups of objects and numbers using vocabulary: greater/more than, less than/fewer, and equal to/the same.
- Count to 100
Have a wonderful week Kinder Family!
See you soon! -Mrs. Davis