- Show and tell: student choice
- Please email me a picture of your child as a baby or toddler. We will be using these to help our discussion on how things change from the past- students will try to identify the student who is pictured and discuss how they have changed.
- Thank you to all who donated/raised funds for the Tiger Trot. We had a great time and will enjoy using the shade canopies on the primary playground!
- 11/14: Library Visit
- 11/20: Kindergarten Thanksgiving lunch in the Café: 10:40-11:20 (This year reservations are not needed!)
- 11/22: Dress Down Day $1
- 11/25-11/29: Thanksgiving Break
IB Unit 3- Where We Are in Place and Time: Past and Present
- This week we start our 3rd IB Unit, where we are in place and time. K teachers dressed up from different decades to begin our conversation on how things change over time. We will also have a museum walk set up that classes will go through to see a variety of artifacts. If you have any interesting items at home from your ancestors (or your own past ) , this would be a great time to share them with your child. We will be reading a variety of texts that show how things: clothing, school, etc change over time.
- We are also going to spent Monday discussing Veterans Day; we have a power point showing soldiers from a variety of ages, and the book Hero Dad.
- Phonics: reviewing rhyming words, reviewing consonant sounds while blending in cvc words- cvc words are closed syllable and end in a consonant- the vowel is short. Words like go are open syllable and the “o” is long and says its name.
- Sight words: List B- students should recognize 25 sight words by the end of 2nd quarter)- we, with, make
- Learning how to write: draw, label, touch and retell.
- Writing information: Who is my Hero? Writing about yourself: past, present, future.
- Number sense numbers 0-20. Counting groups of objects to 20 in different formations, array, scatter, line, circle.
- Identifying what number come next and before, using a 100 chart.
- Comparing numbers using vocabulary: greater than/, less than/fewer, and equal to/the same.
- Count to 100