1. Please join our class on Prodigy. We have weekly contests and pick a Prodigy winner! 🙂 Our class code is B49141.
2. Please turn in school supplies ASAP. We have several students that are missing composition books and folders, among other supplies. Students have already started putting together their Morning Work, Math, Reading, and Writing journals. Next week, we will start putting together our other journals.
3. Sign behavior sheet nightly.
4. Bring agendas and Nikki folders back daily.
5. Return any completed forms and T-shirt monies.
Open House, August 9th, 6:00-7:45
(I look forward to seeing y’all at Open House. We will go over what our daily schedule looks like, the format of our workshops, as well as giving out any information given to us by the school. Please note that this is not a time for conferences. Please let me know if you are unable to make it and would rather I send the PowerPoint via email.)
August 16th (1st 4-H Meeting, Please bring in green permission slips to participate)
August 17th Library Orientation (Students will bring home a form that must be signed before they can start checking out books.)
August 24th, 10:15-10:30- our library check-out day
Reading- We are learning rituals and routines related to the format of reader’s workshop and expectations. Students are working on increasing their reading stamina.
Math- We are reviewing prerequisite skills needed for our first unit and are covering topics related to place value (expanded form, word form, standard form) for numbers up to the millions. We are reviewing long division (thousands divided by single-digit numbers). We are reviewing multiplication skills.
Writing- We are learning rituals and routines related to the format of writer’s workshop and expectations. Students are working on increasing their writing stamina and coming up with “seeds” for writing.
Science/Social Studies: We are covering the different domains and putting together our interactive journals.