1. Please join our class on Prodigy. We have weekly contests and pick a Prodigy winner! 🙂 Our class code is B49141.
2. Please turn in school supplies ASAP. (Most important: composition books and folders)
3. Sign behavior sheet nightly.
4. Bring agendas and Nikki folders back daily.
5. Return any completed forms and T-shirt monies.
Target Days are Tuesdays for my Target babies. 🙂
Wednesdays: August 16th (1st 4-H Meeting, Please bring in green permission slips to participate)
August 17th Library Orientation (Students will bring home a form that must be signed before they can start checking out books.)
August 21st: Picture Day
August 24th, 10:15-10:30- our library check-out day
Reading- We are beginning our novel study on The Well. It will last two weeks. Our genre study starts this week on Narrative stories.
Math- We are exploring the powers of 10, along with exponents and bases involving the powers of 10. The end goal this week is to write numbers in expanded form using the powers of 10. We are reviewing multiplication skills and place value skills reviewed last week.
Writing- Students are beginning the narrative writing unit using Lucy Calkin’s as a guide. Students are working on increasing their writing stamina and coming up with “seeds” for writing.
Science/Social Studies: We will spend the week on the Civil War before moving into the Reconstruction the following week.