1. Please join our class on Prodigy. We have weekly contests and pick a Prodigy winner! 🙂 Our class code is B49141.
2. Join our class on BLOOMZ! Our code is 488QSN. This is our primary method of communication and is the easiest way to get a hold of me! Plus, you can coordinate playdates on there as well! 🙂 Our room parent, Mrs. Randazzo, will utilize it to coordinate events and sign-ups.
2. Sign behavior sheet nightly. No highlights is a GOOD thing! We have a monthly 5th grade behavior celebration. In order to attend, students must not have more than a certain number of highlighted days. The MAXIMUM number of highlighted days for September is four. Five or more highlighted days means a student will complete unfinished work in study hall. For behavior celebrations, students allowed to bring a favorite snack (no Takis) AND a juice/Gatorade/Soda Can drink.
3. Bring agendas and Nikki folders back daily.
4. Guided Reading Homework due Thursdays (two highest groups) and Fridays (for other groups).
Target Days are Tuesdays for my Target babies. 🙂
Behavior Celebration: September 21st
PBIS Pep Rally: September 21st
Media Center: scheduled for the 21st, but that will probably change, pending on their schedule
Reading- We are continuing our study of plot, theme, main idea, and summarizing. Majority of lessons happen in small groups.
*reading groups are ongoing and guided reading responses are due Thursdays (2 higher groups) and Fridays for the rest of the groups.*
Math- We are multiplying and dividing decimals (divisor and dividend).
Writing- Students are continuing the narrative writing unit using Lucy Calkin’s as a guide. All students are now working on their second narrative writing piece.
Science/Social Studies: We are moving back into Social Studies and the Cattle Drives.