Here’s the 411 on this week! 🙂
- Guided reading responses are due Dec 20. And as a small holiday token, only 3 are due instead of 6. Book club packets #2 are due tomorrow. Book club packets #3 will be due by next Thursday.
- Please bring wrapped books in as you have them ready. We currently only have 2. 🙂
- If you signed up to donate to our 12 Days of Cheer, please send in items anytime before the day you signed up for, so it can secretly appear on their desks before they arrive to school. 🙂
- Check Bloomz for last minute updates and communication. 🙂
- Behavior is now documented on Bloomz versus paper copies. Notifications are sent out at 6 p.m. daily. If you are not on Bloomz, I will contact via Synergy, if there is a behavior situation. 🙂
- Have your child check out the video sections on our blog for content-related information.
Dec. 11th School Store (please bring money in form of cash) $20-$25 should be more than enough.
Dec. 12-13th Math Inventory Testing
Dec. 12th Social Studies summative on WW1 and the roaring 20s, along with the Great Depression (no study guide, will be open notes)
Dec 14- Mrs. Dean STEAM lesson; Behavior Celebration afternoon; PBIS celebration as well
Dec 18th- Holidays Around the World w/ our Book Buddies in Mrs. Cobb’s 2nd grade class
Dec 20- EARLY RELEASE
Dec 21- EARLY RELEASE/ Holiday Celebration/ Book Exchange
Math– We are finishing our review stations and taking the math inventory. Mrs. Dean is coming in Friday for a STEAM lesson. 🙂
Reading– Our focus for reading will incorporate reading strategies and WW1 via the reading of War Horse.
Social Studies– We are finishing the final portion of roaring WW1/roaring 20s/Great Depression this week.
Writing– Holidays Around the World presentation/poster/tri-fold preparation from our research/notes and creating stations for next week’s activities