Here’s the 411 on this week! 🙂
- Guided reading responses are due Jan 17th. Book Clubs will resume next week.
- Please return signed field trip permission slip forms and monies for our upcoming KSU field trip (going home today) AND the Chattanooga one (ASAP).
- Lots of club forms are going home today, along with a book order form (due tomorrow)
- Check Bloomz for last minute updates and communication. 🙂
- Behavior is now documented on Bloomz versus paper copies. Notifications are sent out at 6 p.m. daily. If you are not on Bloomz, I will contact via Synergy, if there is a behavior situation. 🙂
- Have your child check out the video sections on our blog for content-related information.
Jan 11: Write Score Standardized Testing (5th grade)
Jan 11: Report Cards go home
Jan 10: 3rd Quarter Pre-Assessment
Jan 10: 4-H day and presentations (Jason and Ellie)
Jan 14: Math Inventory Assessment (5th Grade)
Jan 21: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (NO SCHOOL)
February 1st: Behavior Celebration Day
Math– We are starting 3rd quarter content on geometry (parallel/perpendicular lines, parallelograms/quadrilaterals, categorizing polygons (by angles and sides), angle types
Reading– We are starting our poetry unit and will continue for the next 4 weeks. 🙂 Students are learning to mimic certain structures to create their own poems and learning how to utilize figurative language devices (metaphors, similes, alliteration, onomatopoeia, personification, hyperbole, irony, denotation/connotation, allusion, oxymoron)
Science- We are studying organisms and cell structure of plant and animals
Writing– Students are writing poetry and using figurative language in their poems.