Here’s the 411 on this week! 🙂
- Guided reading responses are due Jan 17th. Book club entries due Jan 24th.
- Please return signed field trip permission slip forms and monies for our upcoming KSU field trip (going home today) AND the Chattanooga one (ASAP).
- Check Bloomz for last minute updates and communication. 🙂
- Behavior is now documented on Bloomz versus paper copies. Notifications are sent out at 6 p.m. daily. If you are not on Bloomz, I will contact via Synergy, if there is a behavior situation. 🙂
- Have your child check out the video sections on our blog for content-related information.
Jan 15: Math Inventory Assessment (5th Grade)
Jan 21: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (NO SCHOOL)
Jan 25: Science Project Due (Cell Model)-See blog post prior to this one
February 1st: Behavior Celebration Day
Math– We are classifying triangles by sides and angles, reviewing classifying 2-D polygons, and analyzing line plots with fractional parts.
Reading– We are continuing our poetry unit and will continue for the next 3 weeks. 🙂 Students are learning to mimic certain structures to create their own poems and learning how to utilize figurative language devices (metaphors, similes, alliteration, onomatopoeia, personification, hyperbole, irony, denotation/connotation, allusion, oxymoron)
Science- We are studying organisms and cell structure of plant and animals. We will also start our study of microorganisms as well.
Writing– Students are writing poetry and using figurative language in their poems