Hello! Here’s what we are learning next week week:
- Find the main idea, supporting with key details and explaining how those key details support
- Describe the reasons for and obstacles to the exploration of North America.
- Describe the accomplishments of: John Cabot (England), Vasco Núñez de Balboa (Spain), Hernando de Soto (Spain), Christopher Columbus(Spain), Henry Hudson (The Netherlands), and Jacques Cartier (France).
- Last week students picked an explorer to do research on. This week students will get into groups and work on a collaborative presentation together.
- Writing: We are working on informational writing. Students have started doing research on their chosen topic, and we will work on organizing our notes, leads, and transition words. We will also discuss plagiarism and how to write information in our own words.
- This week we are continuing to work on properties of multiplication and division to solve equations. (Associative Property, Commutative Property, Distributive Property). We will have an assessment on Thursday.
IB Unit 3: Across the Universe
Transdisciplinary Theme: Sharing the Planet
Central Idea: Exploration leads to discoveries, opportunities, and challenges.
Learner Profile Traits: Risk-taker, Open-minded, Inquirer
Lines of Inquiry:
Conflict between Indians and explorers caused destruction.
Explorers cooperated with Indians to achieve their goals.
Explorers had many motivations for their journey to North America.
- Reminders- Please make sure your child is reading between 20 to 30 minutes every night. They also need to practice their math facts and type using the Typing Club website throughout the week.
Announcements: A specials THANK YOU to all the pledges for the Tiger Trot. Our class pledged over 1200 dollars! That is AWESOME!
Monday, November 12- Friday, November 16- Fall Scholastic Book Fair
Thursday, November 15- Thanksgiving Fest- 11:30-12:10
Monday, November 19-Friday, November 23- Thanksgiving Break (No School)
Let’s have a great week!