Here’s what we are learning this week:
Reading: S.3.E.1- Students will be able to describe the physical properties of different types of soils.
Math: 3.NF.3- Students are working on comparing two fractions. Test on Friday- NF.1 Fractions. (partitioning shapes, labeling fractions, fractions on a number line)
Writing: W.3.10- Opinion Writing- Students are working on persuasive writing. This week they are choosing either a problem in the world or an idea that is important to them and learning how to write bold beginnings and connect with their audience.
IB Unit 4: How we organize ourselves.
Central Idea: Available resources and motivations of communities determines economics.
Learner Profile Traits- Principled, Balanced, Thinkers
Lines of Inquiry:
- Soil has different attributes.
- Goods and services allocated depend upon location, availability, and cost.
- There are 4 types of productive resources.
- People make choices to save or spend money.
- Colonial life was affected by role/title in the community and where you lived.
- Colonies were founded for a variety of reasons.
Friday, February 15- Dress Down Day $1
Monday, February 19-Friday 22nd– February Break (No School)
Tuesday, February 26- Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night
Friday, March 1- Read Across America Day (Students will be able to dress up as their favorite book character.)