Students were given a detailed progress report today. They were also given any assignments that they may need to make up. This work should be turned in at the beginning of next week. Students will also be given an opportunity to retake some assessments that we have already taken. They will also have a Unit 1 summative at some point in the next two weeks. This will cover all operations with rational numbers.
The Griffin Foundation is a non-profit organization formed for the sole purpose of raising funds beyond those currently provided by the Cobb County School District to fund elements of education such as technology enhancements, supplemental enriched curriculum, student services, additional faculty and capital improvements.
WHAT HAVE WE FUNDED THE PAST 4 YEARS?
- Awarded over $30,000 in Teacher Grants, providing additional resources and tools in the classrooms, including this past year: iPads & Kindles, Media Cart & books in Learning Commons, tuners and metronomes for Band & Orchestra
- Repainting/refurbishing of the theater; printers for all computer labs
- Headphones for all computers; picnic tables in the Memorial Garden
- Created an annual Legacy Award for two students who have achieved personal growth through perseverance
WHAT DO WE PLAN TO FUND?
- Outdoor Learning: a GMS Nature Trail, and refurbishing of Outdoor Classroom
- Annual Teacher/Classroom Grant program
- Continue technology expansion: classroom sets of laptops with cart
HOW DO WE RAISE MONEY?
- Capital Campaign: Give 2 Griffin (Fall)
- Haunted House (October)
- Student Lock – In (Winter)
HOW CAN YOU HELP OR GET INVOLVED?
- Donate to the campaign
- Volunteer to help with any of our events
- Sponsorship from your business
- Contact Kim Trumble at [email protected] for more information
If you would like to make a contribution to the Griffin Foundation, please click the yellow DONATE (Pay Pal) button on our GMS homepage: www.cobbk12.org/griffin/
We are already (almost) at the 4 1/2 week mark. Time flies when you’re leaning math! Please remember that any assessment re-takes or make-up/late work must be turned in before the 9 week grading period ends. If you need any help or have any questions regarding grades please feel free to email me! At this point students have turned in two homework assignment records, one mini “pop” quiz and have taken two assessments.
This week in our math class we will continue talking about all operations with integers. We will also begin converting between fractions, decimals and percents. In order to do this successfully students will need to apply their knowledge of long division and should also make sure to brush up on their multiplication/division facts!
Students will show what they have learned about multiplying and dividing integers on the assessment they are taking today!
Here is a great resource for review/independent study of the multiplication and division of integers.
In case you are not familiar, Khan Academy is a wonderful website that is free to all! Students can practice math at their own pace and Khan can help to identify problem areas for individual students. A little practice/extra help never hurt anyone 🙂
Good Morning! Today we will be working on multiplying and dividing integers. We will use the MAGICAL MYSTICAL TRIANGLE to help us master the content. Below is a picture!
If students are not happy with their grades on the first summative assessment they should be studying for a re-take. Please email me with any questions you may have!
The school day has been extended until 5pm today due to the solar eclipse. We will be learning about the eclipse in our 5th period classes and hopefully we will be outside to watch as well. No student will be allowed outside without a signed permission form. In math today we will take notes on the rules for multiplying and diving positive and negative whole numbers.