Visit the following website to log in to SpringBoard Digital, where you can access the textbook. If you have not yet set up your SpringBoard account, follow the directions on the attached Word document.
Attention 8th Graders,
This is a reminder:
Magnet application are due by December 1st by 3:00pm. No exceptions.
Take time and proofread your application and essay before you submit.
Make sure all email addresses are correct.
See Mrs. T. Butler if you have questions.
If you would like to retake the Verb Mood and Voice Quiz, I will be hosting a retake session this Wednesday, November 8th at 8:15am. Please report to the front of the building and I will retrieve students at 8:15am. If you are unable to attend this makeup session, it is your responsibility to schedule a time for you to retake the quiz if you wish to do so. Remember that in order to retake a quiz, you must provide evidence that you have studied.
This Friday, students will take the Unit 2 Mid-Unit Quiz. The following topics will be covered on the quiz: verb mood, verb voice, how to properly cite textual evidence, subject-verb agreement, and The Giver comprehension questions. You may use one note card on the quiz, so make sure you bring yours to class on Friday!
Click the links below for answers to the following questions:
- Due Tuesday: “The Giver” graphic organizer. You should also have the reading completed by tomorrow. (AC: chapters 1-3, ELA: chapters 1-2) Remember that you can access the full text online.
- Thursday: PSAT– you will test in the morning with Homeroom. You will go to 2nd period and both Connections.
- Friday: Verb Mood and Voice quiz. Reading logs are due.
On Thursday, November 2nd, 8th graders at Floyd Middle School will take the PSAT 8/9. The PSAT is designed to ‘measure the essential ingredients for college and career readiness and success, as shown by research.’ The College Board and Khan Academy provides lessons, tutorial, and thousands of questions for student and teacher use.
View the following videos and resources for more information:
· PSAT Resources (overviews, auto call scripts, email templates, sample social posts, PowerPoints, etc.)
· overview of Official SAT Practice video (student Khan Academy experience)