We have a busy, busy 8th week of school planned!
Here’s a overview of our learning this week.
- Math – Foundations of multiplication, area and division.
- Reading – The folktale unit begins!
- Language Arts – Subject, predicates and quotation marks.
- Spelling and Vocabulary– Continue working with vocabulary words from last week.
- Writing – Begin opinion writing.
- Social Studies – Ancient Greece and the Olympics. Class democratic election. Character focus: Being gracious in victory and defeat.
Wednesday: Picture Day (everyone will have a yearbook photo taken)
Thursday: Ancient Greek Olympics for Third Grade
Friday: Wellstar Just Eat It Program (be sure to send in permission form)
Mystery Day: Baby hamster will join our class!
Front Office Checkout Change
At 1:45 p.m. each afternoon the office will be closed for checkouts. Anyone wishing to check out after this time will need to wait until after we dismiss our students to buses and cars. We will begin check outs again at 2:30 p.m. each afternoon. We appreciate your support as we strive to make sure all of our students get home safely.
We’ve had lots of illnesses (students and teachers), and rest assured that we’re using this opportunity to learn the powers of washing our hands and sanitizing our classroom to prevent germs from spreading!
Thanks for all you do!
Mrs. Pennington & Ms. Schmidt