Happy chilly Monday!
Our learning plan is:
- Math – Fractions.
- Reading – Reading nonfiction, ways text features support the meaning of text.
- Language Arts – Spelling, figurative language.
- Writing – Informational writing – adding details and text features to topics, closure.
- Social Studies – Susan B. Anthony
- Science – Weathering and erosion.
Vocabulary Words: Test November 20th
abolitionist –a person who wants to end slavery.
civil rights –rights protected by the law.
conductor –a person who helped people escape to freedom on the Underground Railroad.
prejudice –a strong feeling or opinion formed unfairly or without knowing all the facts.
justice – equal treatment under the law.
weathering –the breaking down of rocks into smaller pieces
erosion –the movement of weathered rock and soil
numerator – tells the number of equal parts being represented.
denominator – tells the total number of equal parts.
fraction – a number that represents an equal part of a whole or equal part of a set.
Kindergarten and 5th grade have their special Thanksgiving luncheon on Wednesday. The other grade levels do not have a luncheon. BUT we will have our PAJAMA DAY Friday, and your child may wear pajamas, a robe and slippers! Since Friday is PE, remember to pack shoes for gym.
Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am so grateful for our wonderful classroom of children, their families, and this terrific Kincaid community!