Here’s what we’re working on this short week:
- Math ~ Multiplication & division concepts
- Reading ~ Guided reading groups kickoff, traditional literature
- Writing ~ Opinion (argument) writing
- Language Arts ~ Handwriting, prefixes/suffixes, pronouns (no spelling this week)
- Social Studies ~ Local & state government
- Science ~ Rocks and minerals
We’ll also have a library lesson on research ,and “genius hour” work time where we’ll develop ideas for further study.
I’ll send home an AR progress report. We’re going to expect each student in third grade to get at least 7 points this quarter.
FYI – There are no after school clubs this week.
We are in need of class snacks and welcome any donations of a box of cereal, granola bars, crackers, etc. Thanks in advance!
Please encourage your family and friends from around Georgia, the U.S. and the world to visit our classroom blog! The children like to check where our visitors come from. We may write a letter to the research station in Antarctica asking for a visit!
Hope your Labor Day is restful, fun, festive, calm, exciting, adventurous – whatever you like!