It was good to meet with all the families this past week. I learn so much from each of you and it enables us to partner up to do the best for your child!
We’re beginning multiplication facts this next week. We’ll learn strategies for each of the facts in a particular order. We’ll begin with doubles, fives, and zeroes and ones. Speed is not the priority right now—just an efficient mental strategy.
Please encourage your child to take at least two AR quizzes per week. We’re going to have an AR Party for every child who achieves his or her goal by the end of this quarter!
Just about everyone is on SeeSaw now so I’ll begin publishing the spelling words to this blog AND SeeSaw every Friday. Plus, I’ll be training the students to post more of their work during the week.
Congratulations to Finn for being elected classroom representative on student council! Emma, the alternate representative, will fill in for him if ever needed.
What we’re learning this week:
- Math ~ Multiplication area models and facts
- Reading ~ Nonfiction reading strategies
- Writing ~ Informative writing, drafting chapters
- Language Arts ~ Spelling (prefixes & suffixes), verbs
- Science ~ Soil, erosion and weathering
- Homework packet and spelling notebook go home Monday and are due Friday.
- Nightly reading is highly encouraged (beware: nighttime screen time can disturb sleep. Better to read old fashioned print)
- Multiplication practice is encouraged daily (flashcards, Moby Max, apps, games, etc.)
Happy birthday, Jacob & Tara!
Have a lovely weekend —it’s supposed to be fabulous!
Fondly, Mrs. Pennington