Due to overwhelming feedback during conferences, homework is nightly 20 minute reading and Education Galaxy. Occasionally we will send home project assignments. Continue to check the green folder as it will contain important information and the reading log.
Please encourage your child to keep up with the reading log as it encourages accountability, and it results in rewards! Remember that at home reading also includes online reading. The Cobb Digital Library has excellent reading selections in Tumblebooks.
Our learning plan:
- Math ~ Distributive property, division
- Reading ~ Nonfiction main idea and details
- Writing ~ Informational structures (cause & effect, boxes & bullets, compare/contrast)
- Language Arts ~ Parts of speech, adjectives
- Social Studies ~ U.S. mountains/rivers (Rocky & Appalachian mountains; Rio Grande, Colorado, Ohio, Hudson & Mississippi rivers)
Mrs. Mann and I are looking forward to a special Halloween treat on Wednesday! Please remind your children to stay away from candy before the start of the school day. It gets kinda scary in the classroom when kids are wired up on sugar. LOL
We’re getting ready to take SeeSaw to the next step and have the children start posting videos and photos of their work for you.
Have a great Halloween week!
Mrs. Mann and I enjoyed meeting with you this last week! It means so much to us to have such supportive families!
What we’re learning this week:
Math ~ Multiplication, Distributive property
Reading ~ Nonfiction main idea and key details
Writing ~ Informational writing, organizing with subtopics by making a table of contents
Science ~ Weathering and erosion
Social Studies ~ Rivers and mountains in the U.S.
Read Alouds ~ Because of Winn Dixie & Harry Potter
Needs: When you get a chance, please send in earbuds for your child to use with i Pads. Your child will store them in his or her cubbie.
Although we’re back to a normal schedule, it will be a special week with the following Red Ribbon Week events:
Monday – Wild About Water (wear animal prints)
Tuesday- Follow Your Dreams (wear pajamas)
Wednesday- Walk on Wednesday (wear sports attire)
Thursday – Junk Food Gives us the Blues (wear blue)
Friday – Foundation Halloween Dance (wear costume)
We welcomed a new student, Cohen! We are now 22!
Remember those jackets, sweaters and sweatshirts!
We’re looking forward to meeting with you this week!
Here’s what we’re learning this shortened week:
- Math ~ Properties of multiplication
- Reading ~ Character traits, nonfiction text features
- Writing ~ Brainstorming topics for informational writing, organizing with subtopics
- Social Studies ~ Weathering and erosion, rivers and mountains in the U.S.
- Read Alouds ~ Because of Winn Dixie & Harry Potter
Please have your child remember his or her jacket. Our recess is at 10:00, and it can be chilly.
Happy Birthday, Bria!
Mrs. Pennington & Mrs. Mann
We have a busy week ahead as we end the first 9 weeks of 3rd grade! Remember the early release day on Thursday.
Here’s what we’re working on this week:
- Math ~ Multiplication problem solving
- Reading ~ Because of Winn Dixie characters
- Writing ~ Ending narrative, beginning informational
- Social Studies ~ Branches of Government
Homework reminder: The homework packet is intended to be completed over the course of the week. 🙂 Remind your child to be working on Education Galaxy. We have great rewards for the work they do!
Mrs. Mann and I are working with the children on Microsoft Word skills. Any extra practice at home is greatly appreciated.
We have our student council election on Monday, so our nominees will be giving their speeches and hoping they’ll be elected. The winner will be announced on SeeSaw.
Have a nice weekend!
Happy October! It’s so nice to have the children back and ready to learn!
We’ll be involved in end-of-quarter assessments in preparation for report cards. We’re looking forward to meeting all of you conference week. If you cannot come your scheduled time, we’ll work with you to find a better time slot.
Here’s our learning plan for the week:
- Math ~ Multiplication/division, problem solving
- Writing ~ Narratives, adding details, powerful endings
- Reading ~ Because of Winn Dixie character study
- Language Arts ~ Possessive nouns
- Science ~ Soil
- Social Studies ~ The three branches of government
- Read Aloud ~ Harry Potter
Thank you to Wyatt and his family for sending in FOUR balls for us to play with at recess! They’ll get good use!
Look for the book fair flyers! Remember homework packets are due on Friday morning. Keep up the Education Galaxy practice at home. Children are starting to move up levels. 🙂
Have a great week!