Due to overwhelming feedback during conferences, homework is nightly 20 minute reading and Education Galaxy. Occasionally we will send home project assignments. Continue to check the green folder as it will contain important information and the reading log.
Please encourage your child to keep up with the reading log as it encourages accountability, and it results in rewards! Remember that at home reading also includes online reading. The Cobb Digital Library has excellent reading selections in Tumblebooks.
Our learning plan:
- Math ~ Distributive property, division
- Reading ~ Nonfiction main idea and details
- Writing ~ Informational structures (cause & effect, boxes & bullets, compare/contrast)
- Language Arts ~ Parts of speech, adjectives
- Social Studies ~ U.S. mountains/rivers (Rocky & Appalachian mountains; Rio Grande, Colorado, Ohio, Hudson & Mississippi rivers)
Mrs. Mann and I are looking forward to a special Halloween treat on Wednesday! Please remind your children to stay away from candy before the start of the school day. It gets kinda scary in the classroom when kids are wired up on sugar. LOL
We’re getting ready to take SeeSaw to the next step and have the children start posting videos and photos of their work for you.
Have a great Halloween week!