We hope you had a terrific holiday, and are ready for the next four weeks before the winter holiday. Fasten your seatbelts!
Here’s what we’re learning this week:
- Math ~ Problem solving, area
- Reading ~ Ask & answer questions, Paul Goble books
- Writing ~ Revision, introductions & conclusions
- Science ~ Fossils
- Social Studies ~ American Indians of the Great Plains
Kincaid Elementary has put the annual “Giving Tree” in the front lobby of our school. If you or your child would like to donate a toy or clothing item for a child in need, please select a paper ornament from the Giving Tree. Please purchase the item listed on the ornament and place the unwrapped item under the tree by December 14th. All items will be delivered to MUST Ministries for their Toy Shop benefiting needy families in our community. Please contact our school counselors if you have any questions about the Giving Tree. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Thank you to Live’s family for providing our Thanksgiving treat! We enjoyed it tremendously.
Have a great week!
We send our warm wishes to you and yours for a lovely Thanksgiving holiday!
Mrs. Pennington & Mrs. Mann
This last week before our Thanksgiving break will be busy with learning, and then we’ll have a nice space to rejuvenate.
Our Learning Plan:
- Math ~ Area of 2D Figures
- Writing ~ Nonfiction, text features
- Reading ~ Main idea and details
- Social Studies ~ The Northeastern and Southeastern American Indians
- Language Arts ~ Parts of speech, prefixes/suffixes
Congratulations to Gurubaaz and his family on the birth of his little sister!
Mrs. Mann and I are so thankful to have your children in our class. They are a joy to get up to every day! Thank you for everything you do!
Fondly, Mrs. Pennington
Reminders: Tuesday is a student holiday/teacher workday. Math Night will be held on Thursday, November 8 from 6:00 – 7:30. It is sponsored by Mathnasium. On Friday, wear red, white, and blue for Patriotic Day!
Thank you to our families of Bria, Michael, Jacob, Ari and Troy who contributed to such a lovely Halloween treat! And thank you our mystery reader, Gabriel’s mom! Thanks also goes to Ari’s mom for copying, Chloe’s mom for leveling books and Bria’s mom for cutting out vocabulary words. Mrs. Mann and I appreciate you SO much!
Our learning plan:
- Math ~ Area
- Reading ~ Nonfiction, main idea and details
- Writing ~ Informational, chapter plans & text features
- Social Studies ~ American Indians Unit: The Cherokee of the Southeastern Woodlands
- Language Arts ~ Cursive 🙂
- Technology ~ Keyboarding skills
- Homework ~ 20 minutes of reading, 10 minutes of Education Galaxy
Enjoy that extra hour of sleep!
Fondly, Mrs. Pennington