We have a Super Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse Sunday night beginning at about 9:30 p.m. I hope we have a cloud-free night for spectacular viewing. Here’s a link with more information: https://www.space.com/42830-supermoon-blood-moon-total-lunar-eclipse-2019.html
Our learning plan:
- Math ~ Writing fractions
- Reading ~ Peter Pan, character traits and vocabulary, text evidence
- Writing ~ Opinion/argument writing
- Language Arts ~ Adverbs
- Social Studies ~ Georgia regions, features, plants, and animals
- Read Aloud ~ Harry Potter
We will be participating in the Kindness Challenge from January 28th-February 1st.
The students will work together as a class to complete activities to show kindness such as, asking a new friend to play, helping someone, writing a thank you note, or performing a kind act of their own design. Teachers will have daily discussions, read stories, and watch short video clips about showing kindness, inclusion, and respect. Additionally, we will show kindness in our community by hosting a toiletries drive to benefit The Center for Children and Young Adults and SafePath Children’s Advocacy Center. With the help of our Student Council, we will be collecting items such as shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, etc. These items will go to children in our community. A flyer with more information will come home about this.
We will also have some fun by dressing up to the following themes each day.
- Monday (1/28)-Hats off to kindness (wear hats)
- Tuesday (1/29)-Being kind is groovy (wear 70s clothes)
- Wednesday (1/30)-Kindness Rocks (wear rock star clothes)
- Thursday (1/31)-Cougars are Kind (wear Cougar Pride or school colors)
- Friday (2/1)-Cheer for Kindness (wear sports clothes)
Have a great 3 day weekend in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King!
Fondly, Mrs. P. and Mrs. M.