We’re getting into the groove and putting good effort into all the new routines and learning of 3rd grade!
Our library day is every Tuesday, so please help your child remember to turn in old books and check out new ones (although the children can visit the library on their own any day of the week). A reading log will come home with your child this week. Every completed log earns a prize!
- Math ~ Addition and subtraction properties & strategies
- Reading ~ Comprehension and vocabulary
- Language Arts ~ Plural nouns
- Writing ~ Drafting and revising a personal narrative
- Social Studies ~ The 3 branches of the government
- 20 minutes of reading (note on reading log)
- 10 minutes of Prodigy
Please send a note if you’re having any difficulty logging onto SeeSaw and Prodigy at home. 🙂 Prodigy is a very engaging math website that is individualized for each student. We put up assignments and can view how much progress students are making. SeeSaw is like a window into your child’s school day. We use it to share videos and pictures of your child’s work and activities, and then you get real time notifications.
Thank you to Ben’s family for graciously donating playground equipment and Maxene’s family for helping us keep our classroom clean with table wipes! Last but not least, we welcome Eli and Liberty’s mothers as our room moms!
Mrs. Pennington & Mrs. Mann