We welcomed our new classmate, Sailor, this week. She already has 19 new friends!
We are so excited to be finishing our expert stories and are now ready to publish them in the hallway! We’ll be sending the writing home via SeeSaw in the next few days.
Happy birthday, Taylor!
This week’s learning plan:
- Math ~ Multiplication and division problem solving
- Reading ~ Main idea and text evidence in nonfiction
- Writing ~ Ideas, planning for research project
- Science ~ Fossils, mountains and rivers*
- Language Arts ~ Homophones, cursive
Mountains and rivers include the Rockies and the Appalachian ranges. Rivers include the Mississippi, Rio Grande, Colorado, Hudson and Ohio. Talk about your experiences while locating them on a map.
Odds and Ends:
- We have November Biblionasium challenge! Keep logging those books at home!
- Warm coats are needed for cold days outside at recess.
- We need a donation of class snacks (Goldfish, graham crackers, pretzels suggested).
- Please take the homework survey if you haven’t already. 🙂
Thanks for everything you do!
Mrs. Pennington & Mrs. Mann