We can’t wait to get to know you—know all about you! We can’t wait for you to get to know your classmates! You’re going to make lots of new friends! Last but not least, we can’t wait for you to start your 3rd grade learning journey! We have an exciting year ahead of us. It’s one for the history books!
Mrs. Mann and I are busy building our “classroom of the future” and are working hard to make you as excited to come to your digital online classroom as the actual classroom on E Pod. We’ll have your Kincaid classroom all ready and waiting for you whenever school reopens and will send you pictures as soon as the boxes are unpacked and our class fish, “Blue” is back. 🐟
Have your parents subscribe to this blog, so they’ll get an alert whenever we post.
Mrs. Pennington & Mrs. Mann
P.S. Who are those kids in the heading? They were our kids last year. They are awesome, incredible and 😍loved, but they are now 4th graders, so we’ve had to let them go! Your pictures will be up there soon.❤
This is my eighth year at Kincaid, and am so proud to be a part of this terrific school community!
I married my Jayhawk college sweetheart, Doug, 41 years ago, and we have been blessed with a daughter and 2 grandchildren, whom we adore beyond measure! I was an Army Brat whose home state is Colorado. I’ve lived in 11 states, Germany, Japan and Okinawa—before moving here 34 years ago.
In the last 25 years, I have taught kindergarten, first, second and third grades. I have a master’s in early childhood education from KSU, a bachelor’s in journalism from Kansas University, and a gifted endorsement. I love teaching all subjects, but am especially passionate about writing, reading, and life science. I am honored to have been 2005 Walmart Teacher of the Year, and a presenter at two national reading and writing conferences. What I love most of all about teaching is children! I’m happy to get up each morning for school and have a learning adventure with the little ones.
In my spare time, I like to spend time with my family, read, work on creative projects of different types, listen to music, workout (biking and yoga), enjoy the great outdoors and travel!
• Grew up in a big family on a farm in Ohio
• Went to Miami University (Ohio) and Johns Hopkins University
• Missionary in Egypt for several years–2 of my kids were born in Cairo
• Have worked as Speech Therapist and Teacher in 5 states
• Left teaching for a bit to help develop computer programs for an educational software company
• CCSD K-12 Assistive Technology Specialist (AT) for many years
• Missed teaching and returned to the classroom as a Co-Teacher at Kincaid
• 3rd year co-teaching with the fabulous Mrs. Pennington
• Married to my favorite person, Mr. Mann
• Have 3 grown, married children & 3 grandchildren
• Huge Clemson Tiger fan! My 3 kids went to Clemson…Go Tigers!
Stuff I like to do:
• Being with my family…playing, fishing, cooking, talking
• Reading–I love, love, love to read!
• Vegetable gardening–heirloom tomatoes are my fave
• Family Tradition–Going to the beach for a week with my extended family (about 25 peeps) & doing our Iron Chef cooking competition