We had such fun Friday at the 3rd Grade Olympic Games! The children gave their best and showed admirable sportsmanship. Thanks go to the moms of Robby, Patience, Anya and Emily for assistance with the games, snacks and medals. Here are our class’s Olympic medal winners ~ Rowen, Noah, Dahlia, Aaron, Jesse, Duke, William, Emily and Patience!
Here’s what we’re working on this week:
- Math ~ Subtraction & addition: properties, strategies
- Reading ~ Main idea: What a story is mostly about, its content and plot details
- Writing ~ Opinion (argument) writing
- Language Arts ~ Spelling, cursive, singular/plural nouns
- Social Studies ~ The 3 branches of the government
- Science ~ Rocks and minerals
Spelling Sort 24 words with final –y adding inflecting ending s, ed, ing
|+ ing||change y to I and + es||change y to I and +ed|
Challenge words: branches, government, America
Our Cougar respect awards go to Aaron, Zaid and Robby! Congratulations, boys!
Have a great September week!