Learning this week:
- Math – Foundations of division and area.
- Spelling/Language Arts – Review. No new spelling words.
- Reading – Compare/contrast folktales.
- Writing – Opinion writing-topic introduction, details and closure.
- Social Studies – Roots of democracy, branches of government.
Cogat Testing will take place for about a half an hour each morning, Tuesday through Thursday.
We’ll use our knowledge of a direct democracy to choose a name for our hamster. Our classroom representative, Ben, will summarize and prioritize the weekly suggestions made by classmates to improve our classroom and school. We’ll send off paper butterflies to Mexico, a “Symbolic Migration”, and await their return from a Mexican classroom in April. This project is a part of our study of habitats this year. See more information at this link: Monarch Study Resources
The third grade Olympics was great fun and the competitors gave their best effort, and showed tremendous sportsmanship. Our gold medal winners are Gowri, Kahliya and Joshua! Like the original Olympics, there was only one winner for each event. Unlike the original Olympics, our young women were allowed to compete!
Mrs. Pennington & Ms. Schmidt