We’ve got one more week until the winter holidays! The kids have been working so hard on finishing their 2nd quarter up, and we have been busy with finishing up our Charlie and the Chocolate Factory book!
Here are some reminders for the next week:
- Today is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Day! We finished the book and will be enjoying the movie!
- Wednesday, Dec. 13th is our Holiday Celebration! If you would like to come, please look on our sign up for potential volunteer spots! it is at 12-1 pm,
- Thursday, Dec. 14th is REINDEER DAY. Children are invited to wear antlers!
- Friday, Dec. 15th is SNOWMAN DAY! Children are invited to dress like a snowman!
- Monday, Dec. 18th is GINGERBREAD MAN DAY! Children are invited to wear brown
- Tuesday, Dec. 19th is our monthly B3 Celebration! Children need 7 tickets to be invited to the celebration
- Wednesday, Dec. 20th is POLAR EXPRESS DAY! Children are invited to wear their pajamas
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Dec. 19-20 are early release days! Children will be dismissed at 12:15!
What We’re Learning This Week:
Math-This week we will continue reinforcing our math facts to 20 and their related fact families. We will also continue applying our math skills while solving word problems. This month we will also spend time reviewing all the new skills that we have learned this year.
Reading– This week I will be assessing student’ reading levels, sight word recognition and comprehension skills. Believe it or not, we are at the end of the second quarter! We will also be reviewing all of the strategies we have learned this year so far: main idea and supporting details, story elements: characters, setting, plot, and author’s purpose. I will finish reading Charlie and The Chocolate Factory to the class and then we will watch the movie.
Phonics- This week we will continue reviewing consonant blends and digraphs.
Writing-We will be finishing up our Informational Unit, and will make finishing touches to our Polar Bear writing!
Health-We will be finishing our unit on My Food Plate.
*See below for some pictures of the students doing research on iPads for their informational writing!*