How do I access AR from home to see scores?
At this time, students may not take AR tests from home, but you may request to receive emails when your child takes an AR test.
To log in to your child’s account:
- Go to the website https://Hosted237.renlearn.com/49331/HomeConnect
- Log in using your child’s user name and password. He/she uses the same username and password used to access AR in the classroom.
How many books do I have to read?
As many as you can! We will be setting goals for celebrations for our amazing readers soon!
If you reach the million words club, Mrs. Begerow will bring a milkshake to your house after school!
How do I know my reading level?
Your child should be able to read a page from the book without making more than 5 reading errors. He or she should also be able to use context clues to understand the vocabulary of the book. We will be working on how to find books that work for your child during the first weeks of school.
What grade do I need to make to consider passing?
You must have a 70% or above to count as a book you have read.
What if my book isn’t an AR book?
See the directions below for a book report paper which can be used in place of an AR test.
What if I read the book, but I cannot pass the test?
See the direction below for a book report paper which can be graded as an AR test.
What are the directions for the book report paper?
You may write a letter to your teacher explaining the following things.
I expect this to be a well written paper that shows your understanding of the book.
* Paragraph 1 – book title, author, characters, and setting
* Paragraph 2 – Short summary of the book
* Paragraph 3 – Two connections that they had with the book (other things it reminded them of that they have read, seen, or experienced and a recommendation with a reason (did they like it or dislike it and why)