I would like to welcome you to a successful year of exploration in the world of Life Science. A little introduction about myself, my name is Mrs. Nidhi Khurana and I have been teaching Science at Griffin Middle School for last 16 years
This school year, I would like your child to increase their knowledge and to value learning. Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions and concerns. I am looking forward to a productive and successful school year.
Parents Here is the link to sign up for Remind
Remind is a communication tool that helps me connect instantly with students and parents. I can send quick, simple messages to any device.
Aug 1st-Aug 3rd
We worked on the classroom rituals and routines.
We answered questions on the lab safety comic strip in groups.
Supply list for my class and sign up for Remind given out today . Passwords for Remind have been given out as well.
Aug 6th-Aug 10th
The students had fun flying paper copters in the classroom.Students performed the paper copter lab and wrote a summary lab report. We learned about the Scientific Method, manipulated variable and responding variable.
We start a new unit Cells The students are working on Cells Layered assignments in Layer 1 (Knowledge)they will finish all activities , In layer 2 (Compare and Contrast)they will complete 3 out of 4 activities. In layer 3(Application) they will finish 2 out of 3 activities.
• Cells layered assignment
• Complete Layer 1 task 1 Complete the graphic organizer using the power point.
Complete Tasks 2&3 Layer 1 Tasks
we completed layer 1 task 2
Complete the graphic organizer on the discoveries and accomplishments of the given scientists related to cell
• Watch a brain pop Video “Cell Structure’ and complete the quiz ( groups of two is permissible) Task 2
• Read Pages 60 -61 and complete “ A brief History of cell and Microscope” Task 3
Cells layered assignment continued
• Complete Layer 1 Task 4 Color and label the parts of an Animal and Plant Cell
• Complete Layer 1 Tasks 5 Create an acrostic poem using at least six of the vocabulary words
Cell Organelles quiz on Thursday
Cells lab on Friday