2nd Grade Tuesday and Wednesday
Brainteaser: 4 in a row
Relationships & Connections: Magic School Bus – Going Batty – completed 3-2-1
Algebraic Thinking: Bat Math 1
STEM: Read aloud , Shadows of the Night – create a bat flip book (Tuesday group did not get to this, we will do it in class next week)
Evaluative: SET game
- Read “Off the Bat”, answer questions in complete sentences
- Finish Bat flip book if needed – most finished this in class.(Tuesday group did not start this, we will work on it in class next week.)
- Get your Behavior Chart signed
1st grade Monday
Brainteaser: Math Puzzles (2)
Relationships & Connections: We read Chapter 1 of our novel then with a partner we answered some comprehension questions.
STEM: Map Skills – We looked at a map of the US and a map of the globe. We learned about the 7 continents and the 4 major oceans. We also learned how to read a map using a map skill. We also learned about a compass rose. Ask the students how they remember the 4 directions on the compass rose? (Never Eat Soggy Waffles!)
- Finish Chapter 1 questions – All the students finished their questions in class so they started their pictures, and they need to finish their pictures and color them. They also need to complete the sentence that explains why that is their favorite scene from Chapter 1.
- Map Scale Worksheet
- Get your Behavior Contract signed.
Open House Reminder:
Open House is tomorrow morning at 7:30 am in the Professional Learning Room, not the Media Center. The Professional Learning Room is diagonal from the gym and next to the Music classroom. Can’t wait to see you all tomorrow morning!