Brainteaser: Back to School Logic Puzzles (2).
STEM: Complete the Bat Flip Book from last week. (Tuesday Class Only)
Algebraic Thinking: Bat Math 2.
Relationships & Connections: We read Chapter 1 & 2 of our novel, The Truth about Bats
STEM: Bat-Natomy – we labeled pictures of bat anatomy.
Evaluative Thinking: Completed a Venn diagram comparing a bat wing with a human hand.
- Finish Chap. 1 & 2 Questions – (Chp. 1 – # 1, 2 & 4 need to be answered in complete sentences. Chap. 2 – # 1, 2, 5 & 6 needs to be answered in complete sentences.)
- Off the Bat Part 2 – answer questions in complete sentences. (Remember complete sentences don’t begin with “because.”)
- Bat Field Trip Info. was sent home today, money and permission slips need to be returned by Wed. 10/23.
- Get your Behavior Chart signed.
- 1st Grade
Brainteaser: Sleds- put the 5 sleds in order based on the clues given
STEM: Map Skills – We watched BrainPop Jr. on reading maps then took the hard quiz over the movie. After the movie we worked on Map Scale some more then we used the globe and map to find names of places for all the letters in the alphabet.
Relationships & Connections: We read Chapter 2 in our book, More than a Flier and also discussed creating a personal time line for ourselves.
Talent Development: We worked on Non-Verbal skills today and played an analogy game.
- Finish chapter 2 questions, remember to color your picture.
- Create your own timeline. One event for each year you’ve been alive. (6-7 years depending on how old your child is)
- Get your Behavior Chart Signed.