Brainteaser: Bat Scouting Clues Logic
Research: Media Center – lesson and research time
Relationships & Connections: Read Chapter 5 & 6 and answer questions.
Algebraic Thinking: Patterns – Is it a Pattern?, Name the Pattern, Color the Pattern
- Finish Notecard 1 & 2 ( Description of Bat, and Habitat of Bat.)
- Get Step 2 signed on Long Range Planner
- Finish Chp. 5 & 6 questions on Truth About Bats (Some students finished this in class) Remember to write in complete sentences and color your picture.
- Get your Behavior Chart Signed.
Project: We went to the Media Center today to help us learn how to research our bats. Here are some helpful sights to help you and your child:
- Google Cobb County Digital Library, click databases and select Britannica Online School Edition and search your bat.
- From the Cobb County Digital Library, click links, go to the bottom, select World Book, student version, search your bat.
- Mrs. Peterson’s Bat website links from blog: http://www.cobblearning.net/peterson13/bat-websites-for-power-point-project/
- Ms. Adams Library Blog Website links: http://www.cobblearning.net/vaughanmedia/2017/08/28/second-grade-target-bats-project/
- Another great search engine for kids : Kiddle.co
- Also, I have attached how to complete a note card if your child can’t find theirs.
If your child is having a hard time finding information on their bat, please email me and I will try to find you all some info. Or suggest a different bat that isn’t so hard to locate information on. 😊
Brainteaser: Cryptogram – Amelia Earhart quote
Divergent: Share timelines the students created about themselves.
STEM: Label a world map with the 7 continents, 5 oceans, Prime Meridian and the Equator
Relationships & Connections: We read Chapter 3 in More than a Flier and completed a chapter summary, telling about the who?, What? & Where? In the chapter.
Evaluative: Roll a Map Game, to review the continents and oceans on the map. Kashin won today!
Talent Development: We worked on learning and/or practicing how to play Boggle.
- Finish Chapter Summary for Chap. 3. Don’t forget to draw the most important scene from the chapter and tell why you think it was the most important scene on the back of your paper. The picture should be colored as well.
- Read the Amelia Worksheet and answer the question at the end, then do the page about Amelia Earhart.
- Get your Behavior Chart signed.