Brainteaser: Addlepated Astronauts
H.O.E: Check homework and review word problems, review how to add, subtract, multiply and division with integers. Then we took a test over Book 1 of Hands on Equations.
Relationships and Connections: Earth vs. Mars – Complete chart with research on Earth and Mars, then sort strips into Earth, Mars, Both or None.
STEM: Extremophiles – which extremophile and location goes together and why?
Evaluative: 7 Minutes of Terror- The descent to Mars – the 3 stages Aerobraking, parachutes and thrusters
Homework: (All homework will not be due until March 19th – due to field trip and Blue Ridge)
- Math WS’ (2 and a puzzle for the students in my math group) / Ms. Garvin’s group – has 1 WS with 20 problems but they have to do 3 things for each problem
- Logic Puzzle – St. Patrick’s Day
- Venn Perplexor WS
- Get your Behavior Chart signed
Important Info. For Field Trip:
- Arrive at 5:15 am at the Front Flagpole for a 5:30 am departure.
- Wear GSSA t-shirt and khakis or jeans. If it’s chilly wear a shirt underneath. Bring a jacket or sweatshirt.
- Students may bring a blanket, pillow, book, and/or drawing materials for bus ride.
- No Food is needed, we will be feeding them breakfast, lunch and a snack.
- No electronics for students.
- Pick up is at 4:15 pm at the Front Flagpole, if your child is not picked up by 4:20 pm they will be put into ASP.
Brainteaser: Kids Ages and Jobs – Logic Puzzle
Divergent: share Acrostic Heart Poems and give glows and grows to classmates
STEM: Practice Labeling the Heart and Steps of Blood Flow games
Evaluative: Label the Heart Quiz & Blood Flow Quiz
Relationships and Connections: Introduce Blood with a BrainPop movie and quiz
Homework: ( Not a lot this week, since we didn’t have time to get into a lot of new material.)
- Get your 2 quizzes signed. (Label the Heart and Blood Flow) Study if you need to re-test blood flow next week.
- Target is on Tuesday next week!
- Get your Behavior Chart signed.
Affective: Share Hope Acrostic Poems and then discussed hope frayer diagrams
H.O.E. – Checked homework, learn lesson 5 & word problems
Code.org- Lesson 9 & 10 debugging
Robots: Mission 2 – So you think you can dance? Part 1
Affective: Dolphin Tale – part 2 Love and Kindness
Computer Lab: Google CS First
1.) H.O.E. Lesson 5 (1-4 & 9-10) plus word problem #36
2.) Code.org Lessons 9 & 10
3.) Affective Love & Kindness worksheet
4.) Get your behavior chart signed.
5.) Target is on Thursday next week.
Brainteaser: French Number Puzzle with 2 partners
Convergent Thinking: Convergent thinking webs, how to solve a logic elimination grid: Party Tales and Party Favors
Relationships & Connections: More about France- reading comprehension and map reading.
Math: French Numbers – word unscramble, number/word search, crossword puzzle
Divergent Thinking: French Colors- Mystery mandala
Evaluative Thinking: SET – missing card and SET on the board
- Numbers worksheet – French number word search
- Coloring Worksheet: Mystery Mandala
- Party Clean Up Logic Grid
- Get your behavior chart signed
- Bring in an cardboard egg carton- needs to be cardboard so we can paint it.
- Get your Behavior Chart Signed.