Well the weather tomorrow looks very hit or miss. We will decide in the morning whether we go to the park or not, so we will plan for both. If you are planning to come to the picnic, call the school after 11 am to find out where we are!
Students need to bring:
- green 5th grade shirt if possible
- games (board games, cards, etc)
- a blanket or towel
- electronics (optional)
- playground equipment
- any other rainy day activity
I really really hope we can go to the park! Please let me know if you have any questions.
It looks like there may be some rain on Monday, so we need to come up with an alternative plan for the picnic. If there is any chance of rain by Monday, we are asking students to bring in board games, electronics, and a blanket/beach towel.
Last full week of school….how did this happen?!
It’s always bittersweet in 5th grade this time of year…and very busy. I can’t begin to express what an incredible year it has been. I’ve said it so many times, but we have had the best class in the world this year!
- Chickfila Luncheon orders and payment are due tomorrow! Lunch will start at 10:45 on the last day of school, and the 5th grade walk will follow. Parents are invited to any of these events! But remember, all food must be pre-ordered.
- Career Presentations are this Wednesday! Projects are due at this time, and parents are invited to come view presentations in the cafeteria from 9-9:30.
- Thursday afternoon we will be having a yearbook signing for 5th graders.
- 5th Grade Picnic is next Monday, May 22 at Terrell Mill Park. We will be leaving around 9 to walk to the park, and returning around 2.
- Tuesday Trackers – there will be a lot of important information in folders this week. Please review carefully, and return any signed materials as soon as possible.
homework: unit 16 vocabulary, quiz friday.
We will be having a luncheon for 5th graders and their families on the last day of school. Parents and family members will be able to pre-order Chick-fil-a for lunch. Flyers went home in the Tuesday Tracker, and final order and payment are due Monday!
Student lunches are already provided, so it’s only necessary to order food for additional family members.
This is always a special event for 5th graders. Hope to see you all there!
Remember to wear your green 5th grade shirts Monday for our panoramic picture!
Busy week ahead! Monday we have career day and our panoramic picture, Tuesday afternoon is field day, and Wednesday is our trip to East Cobb Middle.
In math we will continue working on our arcade project. In social studies, we are learning about the Cold War and will have our Cold War vocabulary quiz on Friday. We will also be having our regular ELA vocabulary homework/quiz this week.
Keep up the hard work. Summer is just around the corner 🙂
Due to weather issues, we have a few calendar changes.
5th Grade Panoramic Picture will be Monday May 8. All students must wear their green 5th grade shirts.
Field Day will now be Tuesday May 9. Please remember to bring a towel and change of clothes for water events!
Field Trip to East Cobb Middle School will be on Wednesday May 10. We will be touring the school with some former Eastvalley students, meeting the administrators, and answering lots of questions. (I’m not ready for this…are you?!)
Thank you to those of you who have brought in materials for the math arcade. We are already off to an awesome start!
We have lots of end of year activities coming up! More information to follow….
We are starting a math arcade! Students are building cardboard arcade games based off Caine’s Arcade. They will need to collect materials for their project (cardboard boxes, packing tape, paint, string, etc)
Caine’s arcade background information
This Thursday we are taking our 5th grade panoramic picture. Everyone needs to wear their green 5th Grade t shirt!
Friday will be Field Day… weather permitting. Please be sure to bring a towel and a change of clothes.