VISION TO LEARN…Free vision screenings over Spring Break!
The Atlanta area Vision To Learn mobile clinic will return to Cobb County Public Libraries during Spring Break 2019, April 1st – April 5th.
The Cobb County and Marietta City school districts have provided impactful support by promoting the Vision To Learn visits at Cobb libraries. VTL provides free vision screenings, eye exams and free glasses to children.
So far, 136 children have received free eyeglasses as the result of the VTL visits at Cobb libraries. Through planned VTL library events, the milestone of 250 children receiving glasses through VTL in Cobb is within reach.
Cobb families may download the VTL registration forms at www.cobbcat.org. The dates listed below include links to the calendar entries and registration forms. Space is limited.
The upcoming Spring Break VTL events include:
- Monday, April 1, 9:30 am to 3 pm: South Cobb Regional Library, 805 Clay Rd., Mableton 30126. 678- 398-5828
- Tuesday, April 2, 9:30 am to 3 pm: Switzer Library, 266 Roswell St., Marietta 30060. 770-528-2320
- Wednesday, April 3, 9:30 am to 3 pm: Gritters Library, 880 Shaw Park Rd., Marietta 30066. 770-528-2524
- Thursday, April 4, 9:30 am to 3 pm: Stratton Library, 1100 Powder Springs Rd. SW, Marietta 30064. 770-528-2522
- Friday, April 5, 9:30 am to 3 pm: West Cobb Regional Library, 1750 Dennis Kemp Lane, Kennesaw 30152. 770-528-4699
As you know, about 20 percent of the 50,000 Cobb County elementary school children would fail a vision screening and about 8,000 will need glasses.
The gap in vision care is a high cost for the health and prosperity of Cobb County families and the Cobb economy. The good news is vision screenings provided by VTL, volunteers from Georgia Lions Lighthouse Foundation and area Lions Clubs, and others are playing a significant role in elevating vision as a critical early literacy issue. The vision movement is growing in our region.