Project Backpack is a needs based food donation program provided by Due West Methodist Church. This program is designed to offer food to our students whose families have difficulty providing food on the weekends. Backpacks of food for the weekend are distributed here at school on Fridays.
Project Backpack forms for the 2019-2020 school year are going home on Monday, August 12, 2019. Forms are due August 16, 2019.
**Only complete and return this form if your family is in need**
**Food distribution will start Friday, September 6, 2019**
Team Hardman & Raniere
It was so wonderful to meet many of you at Sneak-a-Peek! We can already tell that it is going to be a fabulous fourth grade year!
Here’s a quick review of what we went over during the Open House portion of our meeting on Monday:
- We are one big team!
- Check the blogs often. Remember, there is a specific blog for each subject area as well as this team blog.
- If you missed Sneak a Peek or Open House, please make sure you fill out the Student Information Sheet (if you have not already done so) HERE.
- Know what’s going on in Team Hardman/Raniere by signing up for our class Remind Texts HERE.
- If you want to know more specifics about our team, as well as Frey procedures, click HERE.
We will work on sorting out our supplies on Thursday, if you have not brought in your things, focus on the binder/dividers, journal notebooks, and small supplies. We will set up our binders, journals and pencil pouches the first day :-).
Our goal is to get our basic daily routines established so that Monday will be the beginning of our “normal” work expectations; We will both present lessons that will help us get to know your students as learners, we will work to establish a strong community within our classroom (yes, that means the whole group!), review skills and knowledge from third grade, and set the expectations within our group.
Parents, please be sure to send in a note for any days when transportation will be different from the form you completed today – and remember you must call the office if a change occurs during the school day! Thanks so much for understanding and supporting our efforts to keep our kids safe.
We are looking forward to a wonderful year as we get to know your students and work with you to help them grow as independent learners!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to email us at any time. We’re looking forward to a wonderful year together!
In case you missed it, here’s some information from our new principal, Mr. D:
Frey Parents and Family members! It was great to finally meet so many of you yesterday, and I’m very much looking forward to this school year. I’d like to take just a few minutes of your time to set the operational tone for a safe and organized environment.
- Please be patient and plan accordingly. We all know the challenges of traffic in our area, and carpool volume is large throughout the year.
- Please do not drop off your child before 7:15. Teachers are not on duty before that time and this creates a loss of accountability for your child.
- Students not picked up prior to 2:40 will be sent to ASP.
- For those who arrive early for pickup or dismissal – Please turn off your vehicle while in the carpool line. This will be a non-idling environment.
- Walking students to class:
- Kindergarten parents – you will be able to walk your child to class until Friday, August 9th. On Monday, August 12th your child will walk to class on their own so please spend some time in the evenings preparing your child for that transition. Our staff will be positioned throughout the hallways to help guide them to class. Trust me, I know this is tough, but it will help them fall into a routine much more quickly and it maximizes and protects instructional time.
- 1st-5th grade parents – you will be able to walk your child to class on Thursday, August 1st and Friday, August 2nd. On August 5th your child will need to walk to class on their own. Staff will be positioned throughout the halls to help guide them to class.
- Buses: Please follow this link for the “Here comes the bus app”
- Marked as Tardy:
- Students will be marked as tardy beginning Monday, August 19th. This will remain in effect for the entirety of the year and will only be changed in conjunction with the district’s inclement weather policy.
- Transportation changes:
- If you need to make a transportation change at any time during the day, please do so by 1:45. All transportation changes must go through the front office NOT the teacher. Changes to ASP can be taken over the phone. All other transportation changes will require a written/faxed note Fax:7709756657. Please do not contact the teacher to make transportation changes. Transportation changes received via Email will not be accepted. This is designed to protect instructional time, to ensure your request is met in a timely manner, and most importantly to keep student safety a top priority.
- Parent Volunteers and FERPA:
- It is mandatory for all volunteers to watch the FERPA video. The link is on our website FREY ELEMENTARY “ (We love our volunteers.) After you watch the video then please print the document, sign, and drop it off in the main office. This process is important because it helps protect our students and their academic progress.
- Moving Forward:
- Frey students are performing at a very high level thanks to an outstanding faculty and a sound collaborative community. We have pinpointed a few areas for fine tuning in math, reading, and writing, and our focus will be placed in that direction.
- Our primary initiative this year is the acquisition of technology. I am working closely with our foundation, PTSA, and a team of teachers to build our laptop inventory in grades 3-5 and iPad inventory in K-2. These devices provide students with the ability to overcome the typing barrier thus raising confidence during testing, and they provide teachers with the ability to extend opportunities in the classroom.
We are so excited to welcome you to fourth grade! We hope you are looking forward to this year as much as we are, and what a year it is going to be! We can’t wait to meet each of you on July 30th at Sneak-a-Peek/Open House. 4th grade starts at 9:00 with Sneak-a-Peek. At 9:30 parents will stay in the classroom for Open House and the students will be joining our administrators in the Learning Commons. If you are unable to attend at 9:00 there are opportunities for Sneak-a-Peek for all grade levels at 8:00-8:30 and at 2:00-2:30. See you then!!
To get a head start click HERE to complete the Student Information Sheet and check out our Class Information page to begin learning all about Team Hardman/Raniere. Also, sign up for our Remind texts HERE so you can stay up to date on all things Frey.
You matter to us.
Mr. Hardman & Mrs. Raniere
We want to welcome you, fourth grade students and parents, to the Team Hardman/Raniere blog! Our hope is that this blog will keep you informed of school and grade level news and happenings throughout the school year. On the right side of the blog, you may access school/classroom links for your convenience. We look forward to partnering with all of you for a successful year!
Flames of Frey . . . AIM HIGH!
~Mr. Hardman & Mrs. Raniere