Our school calendar is available on the Cobb County site. Here is a quick view of the 2018-19_Year-at-a-Glance.
Anytime there is bad weather, please look for updates and/or information on the websites, blogs, Face-Book or Twitter …
There should also be a county text and call out that will happen, if you have signed up and have a current number on file.
You can also check out the schools and county plans on the weather channel and the local news channels.
Please watch the Cobb County site for updates on safety for our students and families.
The nurse does not supply medicine.
If a child has a high fever over a certain amount of time, we are required to call 911.
If you have medicine that you would like your child to take, you need to come to the school and fill out a form with the nurse. Medicine has to be in the original packaging.
If your child is sent home because of a fever or throwing up, they are required to be without a fever, throwing up or other illness for 24 hours.
For more information go to the County Site about our policies.
If you have to change it and the kids are in school, you will need to call the school and, most likely, stop by to bring a written and signed note.
The latest check-out time allowed by the office is 1:50.
Our classroom t-shirt forms will come home. Each of our classrooms has their own color for the t-shirts, but we all have the same picture on them. Please get the forms and money back as soon as possible since it takes a while to get the shirts back once they have been ordered.
Please be sure to check the student folders or agendas, each night. These need to be signed and returned each day. A separate Tuesday folder will begin coming home this week. In it will be any notes from PTA, the office or other opportunities/activities in our community. Please return the folder with any papers you filled out as soon as possible.
Please be sure to get all information forms and cards back to us so that we can pass them on to the appropriate people, such as the clinic, lunch manager, PE teachers, etc. . .
Remember that if there are any changes in phone numbers, emergency contacts or medical information, we need to get a note with that updated information so that we can provide the best care possible for your child.
If you have any medical questions you can contact our nurse. The office staff can connect you with the school nurse, Ms. Morgan. The school number is 678.842.5833.
- If your child is taking medication, we need to know so that we can understand and tell you if we see any adverse side effects.
- Please do not place any medicine in their backpacks unless you have had a previous discussion with the nurse and the teacher.
- Cough drops are considered medication.
- If you want your child to take medication at the school, it needs to be given to the nurse. You will also need to fill out a form, so that our nurse will be able to give them the medicine accurately.
- The nurse does not give any medication, unless all the forms have been filled out and signed.
- Teachers do not give medication.
- Please have all allergies listed with the nurse, teacher and the PE coaches.
- If your child has an epi pen or allergies, the school needs to have it on file and have emergency medicines on site!
At Norton Park Elementary we wear uniforms from Monday to Thursday.
Our uniform colors are blue and white. The pants, jumpers or shirts can be navy blue or khaki.
Here are some examples. You can find uniforms in numerous stores including Goodwill, Target, Old Navy, and Walmart. If you need assistance, you can contact our counselors.
Belts are to be worn if pants/skirts have belt loops and all must be worn at the waistline.
Not appropriate: (this includes spirit or fundraiser days):
- short shorts/skirts (that show undergarments or private areas)
- baggy or low cut pants/shorts (that show undergarments)
- spaghetti strap shirts or sleeveless shirts
- crop tops or low cut shirts